Prompts for expert groups
The following prompts will help to guide discussions in expert groups:
- Underline or jot down information that is important, surprising, interesting or thought provoking.
- Look for at least four or five good passages to underline or list four or five dot points.
- Stop and jot down interesting discussion questions as you read or view the texts.
- Think about the text-self, text-text and text-world connections that can be made.
- Pay attention to first and last sentences of a paragraph.
- Look for highlights, headings and sub-headings.
- Think about the way bold type, italics, bullets, boxes and font changes assist the reader.
- Look for quoted material.
- Look for citations.
- Note any surprises, shifts or changes in focus.