Warning: This resource may contain references to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who may have passed away.
Criteria for annotations to timeline
Note: Personalise the criteria to suit your class.
Appearance of annotation:
- size of paper or text box and any special effects; for example, torn edges
- font and size of print.
Must contain the following information about the event:
- what occurred (summary)
- when it occurred
- who was involved.
May contain the following information about the event:
- images such as photographs, drawings or collages
- links to websites or books.
Check your own and each other’s writing:
- Does it make sense?
- Is the information correct? What sources were used?
- Is the spelling correct?
- Have words that may cause confusion been added to the glossary for the timeline and marked as having an entry?
- Is the punctuation correct?
You may also have an innovative way of annotating:
- create a comic strip for one part of the timeline
- create animations to use on a digital timeline
- use QR (quick response) codes and provide iPods or iPads to view.